logo IMT-BS
Close this search box.
Logo IMT
International mobility

Preparing your international departure

Institut Mines-Télécom Business School (IMt-BS) can help you with your mobility needs.

What are the formalities for international travel?

Depending on your nationality, you will need a valid passport and a visa for international travel.


European and Schengen students do not need a visa to enter the territories of member states, and do not require a passport if they have a valid identity card.

Non-European students wishing to study abroad must have a passport and a visa.

You can apply for a visa at the embassy or consulate in your home country that represents the country in which you wish to study. Make sure you start the process as soon as possible, as some documents can take a long time to be issued.

For more information about applying for a visa to study abroad, please visit the following public website.

ATTENTION: if a passport is required in the country you are visiting, you must ensure that it is valid for the entire duration of your stay, or even longer.

Compulsory insurance

Students from the European Economic Area must apply for a European health insurance card from their home country’s health insurance fund before they leave.

Students with an Ameli account can request their card on the following website: link.

ITM-BS students wishing to study in a non-European country should contact the two partner universities and/or the embassy as soon as they are nominated. Each country has its own requirements and depends on state agreements.

In addition, all students can take out private insurance covering all medical risks, with no restrictions on rates.

It covers damage to your home and possessions, and often includes your civil liability. Each school or country has its own requirements. Make sure you get all the information you need.

Compulsory for all students, it covers bodily injury and property damage caused to third parties during your studies, internship or private life.

It compensates the victim for any damage you cause. This insurance may already be included in another insurance policy (housing insurance, for example). Check with your insurer to avoid outbidding.

Useful links

National agency in charge of scholarships from French and foreign governments and hosting international students.

To prepare your mandatory formalities before your cross-border trip, you can consult the following websites:
Where to travel with a French identity card?
Travel advice by country

Assistance Etudiants is an insurance broker specializing in the social protection of students who travel or reside outside their home country.

Just Landed! is the answer to all your needs while living abroad. You remain connected with expatriates around the world.