Practical information

Select a section

Practical information

Before Arrival

Soon you will be travelling to France to start the student exchange with many other students from around the world. 

Do you need a student visa?  How does health insurance work in France? What are the accommodation option available in Evry? The financial aspect of your study period should also be well planned. You can make a personal budget with our indication of cost of living. We will be happy  to help you prepare your exchange in advance.

Everything you may need to know to start planning your trip to France, we are waiting for you!


One of the requirements for residency in France is that all international students are covered by health insurance. You have to pay for the state health coverage system (La Sécurite sociale) or to take any private health insurance that covers you from the first euro of your healthcare expenses.

If you are an European student, you need an European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) will allow you to be reimbursed for your health expenses in France.

Extremely important to bring along with you is a copy of your Birth Certificate with filiation and a certified legal French translation (for Canadians, a certificate of filiation is required) in order to join the French Sécurité Sociale for students,

For more information visit the website of the French Health Insurance.

The mandatory health insurance does not reimburse the total of health costs and it takes time to get affiliated to French Social Security system.

We advise you to purchase or to subscribe to a Complementary Health Insurance (Mutuelle) before or  upon arrival, in order to cover up to 100% of your medical expenses:

  • Health Insurance which would include Repatriation Assistance and Civil Liability Insurance for Non EU students

If you are a European student, you need an European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) will allow you to be reimbursed for your health expenses in France.

Please find out more about  The repatriation and public liability insurance for the foreign students in France.



If you come from a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA=28 countries from the European Union (UE) + Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and Switzerland, you need to apply for a FRENCH VISA to enter France at least 2 or 4 months before your departure.

In order to get a French Visa, students from outside the European Union and the European Economic Area are required to register on the CAMPUS FRANCE of their home country.

A Certificate of financial resources in the amount of €615 per month (proof of a standing electronic funds transfer, scholarship or family support) is required to get a visa.

Once in France, students who are not citizens of the European Union and who will be in France for more than 3 months might have to validate their visa electronically according to OFII procedure or to request a resident card at the prefecture.

The International Student Support Office will help you with this administrative steps.


There is a possibility to apply for accommodation in MAISEL university residence.

KEYS DATES: Please submit your request for accommodation via Maisel portal during the periods indicated below:

  • End of July for Fall semester
  • End of November for Spring Semester

You should book a room online and get it validated by a booking deposit (200 €) to be paid by credit card. The direct link for applying online will be provided to you before the Maisel portal opens by Inbound Student Mobility Manager. 

The students who have found options for accommodation in France (family, relatives and friends) do not need to submit request for accommodation at Maisel.

Remember: Being accepted as an exchange student does not guarantee an on-campus.

Fees related to accommodation: 200€ Deposit (amount collected for the rent)

Find out more about Maisel on-campus accommodation options and Booking Online.


International Student Affairs Office will assist you as well if educational problems or examination issues occur, inform the students about the examination rules, if the student faces fears, stress, concentration problems, can refer to a doctor, psychologist or student counsellor on campus, provide an advise in case of fraud or acident.

During the first days of semester Institut Mines-Télécom Business School organizes a OFII session for orientation on academic and administrative matters. It is absolutely essential to attend this information session. The dates of these sessions are communicated upon your arrival.

Please contact International Students Affairs Officer for any issue described before.


Welcome Guide

International Students

Guide d’accueil

Les étudiants internationaux