Developing our international presence is a strategic priority for Institut Mines-Telecom Business School.
There are three main lines of action in this area:
the students’ and professors’ international mobility
large numbers of students from across the world at our campus
international research programmes
IMT-BS awarded the “Bienvenue en France” (Welcome to France) label
Recognition of the high quality of the international student experience at IMT-BS
On Monday 8 July 2019, during the 3rd edition of the Campus France Research and Innovation Meetings at the Cité des Sciences et de l’Industrie in Paris, Madame Frédérique Vidal, Minister of Higher Education, announced the first 25 higher education institutions to be awarded the “Welcome to France” label.
Out of 155 applicants, Institut Mines-Telecom Business School is one of the very first schools to obtain this label.
This label is a guarantee of the quality of the School’s international student experience and, more broadly, recognises the powerful international dimension developed by the School over the last 40 years.
Internationalization plays a crucial role for IMT-BS
Higher education is a transnational, “cross-border” activity, involving the international mobility of:
- Students and professors
- Programmes and courses of study
- Research activities between institutions.
This mobility creates new opportunities, but also challenges in terms of innovation, quality assurance and competitivity in higher education.
To support the exponential growth and diversification of transnational higher education, Institut Mines-Telecom Business School is launching a project in collaboration with its sister school Telecom SudParis focusing on two key areas:
- Deepening the strengths of the Institut Mines-Telecom Group
- Development of its distinguishing characteristics, including: entrepreneurship, digital transformation and social responsibility.
These objectives will be achieved through cross-cutting internationalisation initiatives, that involve:
- Increasing the international mobility of support staff and faculty,
- Developing strategic partnerships and off-shore campuses,
- Setting up innovative cooperative projects between Institut Mines-Telecom Business School and emerging countries.