ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Institut Mines-Telecom Business School is a public business school in the French Grandes Ecoles tradition. Founded in 1979, the School reports to the Ministry of Economy. For over 30 years, the School has been recognized for its expertise in management, innovation and entrepreneurship, ethics, and information and communication technologies.
It trains future managers and entrepreneurs to be responsible, innovative and open to the world around them and to lead their organizations in the major transitions of tomorrow’s society: digitized economy, energy and ecological transition, new business models, industry of the future.
Institut Mines-Telecom Business School is the business school of IMT (Mines-Telecom Institute), the main French technology institute dedicated to higher education, research and innovation in engineering and management. Institut Mines-Telecom Business School has, since its creation, shared its campus with its sister engineering school, Telecom SudParis, creating a unique synergy in France. Institut Mines-Telecom Business School has also an on-campus business incubator for young innovative companies. This incubator is open to students, alumni and other entrepreneurs.
The School is among the top 10 management schools in France when comparing the level of salaries earned upon graduation. It proposes a complete program offering, from undergraduate to doctorate, all meeting international standards.
Institut Mines-Telecom Business School is AACSB and AMBA accredited.
More information about the School, its values and mission can be found at https://www.imt-bs.eu/en/recruitment
Date of update: February 2020
Job Title: Associate Professor Finance (Corporate Finance (Innovation Finance) / Finance d’entreprise (Finance de l’innovation))
Location: Evry – FRANCE
Entity / Service: Institut Mines-Télécom Business School / Department Law, Economics and Finances (DEFI)
Position of the superior: Head of Department Law, Economics and Finances
Categories or jobs of agents who can apply: Assistant Professor
Job Category and Occupation: II – C
Category in the public service: A
Within the framework of the school’s values, mission and strategy :
* Participate in the design, coordination and implementation of teaching in its discipline (Corporate Finance (Innovation Finance)), in French and English, in initial and continuing education.
* Conducting research activities in its discipline within the laboratory, common with Evry Val-d’Essonne University – UEVE, LITEM (EA 7363) (axis 1: “Numerics, Praxis and Responsibility” and axis 2: “Innovation, Markets and Organisations”).
* Leading, promoting and contributing to the influence of the R&D activities and expertise of its team, in its field of expertise.
* Contributing to the life of the school and the deployment of its strategic plan
* Contributing to the school’s notoriety
1. 1 Design and Transmission of Education
– Participate in the school’s training needs analysis
– Contribute to the training in both theoretical and experimental teaching in his or her discipline.
– Designing and delivering courses and other teaching activities in its discipline in Corporate Finance (Innovation Finance), in French and in English, in initial and continuing education.
– Ensure that “learning objectives” and “learning goals” are defined and that the Assurances of Learning (AOL) are implemented according to the principles defined by the AACSB and integrate student evaluations and feedback.
– Contribute to the evolution of pedagogy, in particular methods and tools.
– Designing and correcting knowledge test topics, analyzing and correcting reports or master’s dissertation
– Designing and supervising projects, monitoring and advising students on work placements in companies
– Participate in project and internship juries
1. 2 Coordination of lessons learned
– Analysing needs with the training and pedagogy directorate and designing programmes to meet them
– Coordinate initial training (UV, courses, modules…) and continuing education (courses, seminars, study days…).
– Participate with domain coordinators in :
– ensure consistency between teaching and training (UV – Module – Programme)
– the evolution of curricula and propose modifications or creations of teaching modules, majors or programmes
– the enrichment and renewal of the offer of continuing education courses, to propose and ensure
– Put in place and coordinate the appropriate team of teachers, making sure to respect the school’s strategy in coherence with its accreditations.
– Participate in the recruitment of temporary staff, as part of the policy of upgrading the qualifications of the teaching staff of Institut Mines-Télécom Business School.
– Designing and producing course materials and pedagogical tools for the subjects taught.
2. 1 Production and Animation
– To develop personal research and participate in collective research in Corporate Finance (Innovation Finance) (Digital Finance, Digital Transformation, SD and CSR) in coherence with the missions of IMT-BS (Digital, Energy and Ecological, Economic and Industrial Transformation) and by being part of the laboratory, common with Evry Val-d’Essonne University – UEVE, LITEM (EA 7363) (axis 1 : “Digital, Praxis and Responsibility” and axis 2: “Innovation, Markets and Organisations”)
– Publish articles referenced IMT-BS (rank A, B or C) and intellectual contributions (chapter of a collective research work, selective conference, research synthesis work, publishing of a research work, etc.).
– Organizing sessions/workshops in a selective conference
– Participate in thesis co-supervision
– Ensuring Visits Abroad
– Participate in internal projects related to research
– Participate in thesis juries
– Publishing collective research works/special journal issues
– Propose research papers or research notes
– Participate in internal projects related to research
– Participate in internal bodies (CIR, CR)
– Participate in the reception or hosting of Visitings
– Participate in the organization or organize national or international conferences
– To provide supervision for graduate and post-graduate management trainees
– To follow the scientific policy of the Institut Mines-Telecom and the school in the field of its competences and to participate in the definition of the scientific orientations of the school.
– To set up and participate in projects involving external partners from the Institut Mines-Télécom, the academic or business worlds, in particular in the context of projects structuring the Institut Mines-Télécom or national or European projects.
– To find and carry out partnership research contracts, particularly of the ANR or European type.
– Participate in existing research projects and propose research activities in emerging disciplines
2. 2 Valorisation and influence
– Participate in research or expertise actions within the framework of partnerships (industrial, academic, institutional)
– Negotiate, develop and manage contracts, programs and research projects
– Contribute to the establishment and strengthening of scientific collaborations with the world of industry and research, in France and abroad.
– Promote its research activities at national and international level, including to the media and the public at large
3. Contribute to the life of the school, to the deployment of its strategic plan and to the development of its notoriety.
– Participate in admissions juries and student recruitment
– Participate in the major events in the life of the school (start of the school year, academic day, graduation ceremony, etc.) and in promotional activities (fairs, open days).
– Contribute to internal working groups and projects related to the deployment of the school’s strategy
– Participate in relations with the school’s stakeholders: companies, alumni, local authorities, IMT and its schools, partners of the Evry Campus
– Contributing to the deployment of the international strategy, particularly when travelling abroad
TRAINING AND SKILLS
Level of training and / or experience required:
– Ph.D. in Management Sciences
– Significant teaching and research experience in an academic or industrial laboratory
– Significant and recent publications in journals classified in management sciences at the national level (lists of HCERES, CNRS and FNEGE) and international level (list of ABS – Chartered Association of Business Schools). Of which at least 2 in peer-reviewed journals over the last 4 years.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
– Teaching experience in higher education
– Fluent in written and spoken English, writing articles and teaching in English and French
– Expertise in Corporate Finance (Innovation Finance) (Digital Finance, Digital Transformation, SD and CSR)
– Common use of Python and statistical/econometric packages
– Good integration into the research community in France and abroad
– Knowledge of the scientific issues and laboratories of the discipline at the national and international level
– Ability to integrate sustainable development, CSR and ethical issues into teaching and research activities
– Knowledge of information and communication technologies
Advantageous skills, knowledge and experience:
– An international teaching or research experience
– Experiences or an interest in conducting and/or participating in innovative educational projects (multimedia cases, serious games, MOOC, etc.).
Abilities and skills:
– Pedagogical qualities
– Ability to work in a team
– Ability to negotiate and coordinate national, European or international contracts with academic or industrial partners.
– Motivation to participate in the preparation of responses to calls for projects and R&D proposals
– Ability to abstract and synthesize
– Decision-making capacity
– Ability to work in “project mode” and to build and manage projects
– Sense of leadership and organization
– Writing skills
– Relational qualities
– Rigour, responsiveness and initiative spirit
Thank you to send before the April 17, 2020, an application file including :
– a complete and detailed curriculum vitae
– a letter of motivation
– a work note setting out the candidate’s past activities in teaching (initial training and continuing education) and research: both types of activities must be described with the same concern for rigour and precision and must reflect the thinking that went into them
– a file or URL address to access the text of major publications
– the names and addresses of two qualified persons
The application form should be sent to:
– Institut Mines-Télécom Business School – HRD – 9 rue Charles Fourier – 91000 EVRY – FRANCE